Providing Comprehensive Garden City Family Law Guidance
I am a lawyer who specializes in all facets of Garden City family law practice and have handled dozens of family law-related cases over the past 10 years. This includes simple modification cases, paternity issues, as well as the most complex divorce cases. Even though I will try to settle your case to avoid costly litigation, I am the kind of attorney who is more than prepared to take a case to trial and litigate it from beginning to end. I understand that legal issues like divorce or custody can cause a tremendous amount of stress; nevertheless, I enjoy helping my clients during these difficult times.
Firms typically have the clock running when speaking with clients, but I am known for my willingness to sit down and listen and talk with my clients to truly determine their needs and legal goals. We will then formulate a strategy to move forward that you are comfortable with and gives your case the best chance for success.
Your Legal Guide During Difficult Times
My services include a wide range of areas:
- Divorce and separation agreements: I handle dissolution agreements that are straightforward, complex or somewhere in between.
- Child custody: One of the most contentious areas for a couple, custody issues are something I handle daily.
- Litigation: I always prepare as if I am going to court and I have a strong background arguing cases in court.
- Spousal maintenance and child support: This arrangement usually considers the length of marriage, size of family, employment skills and financial resources.
- Fathers’ rights: Every family is different, but fathers sometimes need to fight to be involved in their children’s lives.
- Domestic violence issues: I can work to establish legal protection for you or other family members.
- Equitable distribution of assets: New York is an equitable distribution state. This does not mean 50-50.
- Prenups and postnups: These are more common these days and helpful for dual-income couples or couples with complex finances.
Helping You And Your Family Move Forward
While emotions can be heightened during these stressful times, a well-conceived arrangement can provide a family with a map for moving to the next phase of their lives. Contact my office in Garden City to discuss your family’s future by calling 516-350-5074 or using my Contact page.